16 August 2011

the past week in pictures

After many comments from certain individuals (here's looking at you, brotha), I have posted some images from the last week in the life of me.  I decided to forego the "before" pictures (mainly because I took them hastily before heading out to IKEA), but you will get a bit of a feel of my house.  I am not near done with it, but I have an amazing start, thanks to Mom and Molly (thanks!).  The pictures are out of order, but the captions will help understand what they are of...enjoy!

this is from a restaurant called Melt in Northside (Cincinnati) where the cards for your order are different characters.  we got dwayne wayne*, and the table next to us had jordi from star trek.  i believe i also heard someone calling dibs on certain characters when waiting in line.  (*note: thanks to Kathy on the correction here - I mistook him for urkle, as did my friend...shame on us for not knowing our 80's television shows better)  
this was the ratatouille sandwich - it was amazing!  just a mess of veggies, cheese and capers (which I am convinced made the sandwich as good as it was!)
here be Shake It Records where I purchased some records for my still-to-be-delivered record player.  gotta love those local economies - support local business!
the first noshy treat I made in the new digs - tomato, basil (organic from a farm 18 miles away), mozzarella, balsamic, olive oil, and olives.  y-u-m!
I have a mess of books - good thing I have a personal librarian to help sort through the madness.  and yes, I have too many.  there is no doubt that I need another bookcase...the first of many to be purchased, I am sure.  
alternative angle with BetCi in the background (and Grrtrude in the foreground).
first meal with my new table (vintage gray formica and chrome table for $57.50 in town) and chairs (beautiful 1950's red chairs with chrome legs).
close up of the meal, which was black bean burgers with sauteed green beans on the side.  and of course there was avocado and siracha involved.  
y'all know my love obsession with graffiti, and here is some great art in brighton, which is a neighborhood in Cincy that my friend Molly is moving to.  this is right around the corner from her new flat as a matter of fact.  
it just keeps going, too...so nice to see some beautiful art on the street.
u-turn was an art gallery that Molly helped run, but has since ended.  this picture came out pretty decent, I think.  sad I didn't get to see the gallery when it was up and running, but glad to be able to meet some of the collaborators a couple days ago before they left town for greener pastures (figuratively speaking, that is).  
there is still a bit of work left to do on this bookcase, but it is starting to look amazing!  thanks Molls!  and yes, my dog finds her way into almost every picture!
details on the chairs I bought, which I am absolutely in love with.  
my table in action - je t'aime
here is a look into my writers studio.  The door is from my bedroom, but I thought it would make a nice bulletin board.  I may even see if I can paint some of the panels with chalkboard paint.
alternate view of the studio space (with dog)
my favorite thing about the desk I got is the glass top and the fact that there is a space between the glass and the bottom of the desk.  It makes for a really neat spot to put things and has a really cool looking effect.  Oh, and go Liverpool!
bookcase in the office - I love me some built in shelves...if only there were more built in though.  
Grandma and Grandpa are kickin' it by the front door until they get hung.  I just love seeing them everyday.  
I couldn't resist getting this piece at IKEA.  I hung it by the door for the dog leash - so fun!
yes, I know - it looks and feels like I am camping in my bedroom due to the wood paneling.  But seriously, it is really warm and comfortable.  Oh, and there is my bed and bedding, which adds some brightness to the room.  
alternate view of the bedroom with the bookcase I have in there (also full) and neat IKEA lamp.  
I found this amazing poster of wine regions in France for $2 in a St. Vincent de Pauls in Cincy - amazing purchase!
look at all those cute ties curled up and waiting to be worn!  The one on the right is a new purchase - it is a skinny knit tie.  Maybe I will be a Mad Men character for halloween.  
kitsch on a bookcase only enhances...
...and this is just further proof of that fact.  
Well, there you go Adam et al.  These are the places I have been, food I have eaten, and ways in which I have set up my house (thus far).  Classes will begin next week (eek!), so stay tuned for more updates on that front.  Unfortunately posts may get a bit less frequent, but I will do my best to keep folks updated on all things Midwest Livin'!  

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks good. It'd be great to see some full room shots, with a wide-angle effect. Is that a haircut I spy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love it all. and most especially siracha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zachary! Your bedding is the 2nd bedding I had at college in K-Town, you know at Parkside...I still have it, but in a twin...so if I ever come sleep over by you I will have to bring it so we can be buddies with the same covers :) Love(r) you and your place!

    ReplyDelete