05 August 2011

on this, the eve of my departure

As I get ready to head home to oHIo (oHELLOo, oHIo!  That shit never gets old to me...), I figured it would be fitting to show folks a bit of where I came from.  


Yesterday I spent the morning in Durham, the town in which I grew up.  Folks may be familiar with the town as the home of the University of New Hampshire.  Here are some pictures I took as I went around on a leisurely ride...
ye olde mailbox at ye olde residence: 5 falls way
the old house - there are some gardens on both sides that i captured in other pictures, but i thought this one got the house the best
bobcat pride for sure!  although this was not built when my brother and i played, we each helped win a state championship for oyster river high on this field.  
the diamond library at unh - i spent far too long here as a child and a high school kid.  i guess it all paid off?
the dairy bar wasn't a working train stop when i was a kid, but it did serve amazing ice cream.  i also spent far too much time here.  i can remember they had this really wonderful large antique clock that didn't work...strangest thing to remember
the falls by our old house - adam and i used to go here all the time to take a dip in the river
it was pretty calm the day i visited
and i leave you with a snapshot of where the footballing genius germinated.  these are the old fields i used to play on when i was a wee tyke.  in retrospect, these might have been my finest footballing years.  :)
That's it for me from the Northeast - the next posts will be from my new home in Oxford, OH.  Perhaps some "before" shots of my new house will be in order...

1 comment:

  1. I recall when we would ride our bikes to Fogg Lane in the summer to spend the entire day playing soccer, hunting for tennis balls in the forest behind the tennis courts, or trying jumps in the gully in the foreground of your picture. Funny how that time, which was so long ago, seems to just leap out at me...

    ReplyDelete