03 July 2011

but our speakers go to 11

If you have no idea what the title of this post is in reference to, shame on you.  Shame on you, indeed!  For those of you who are keenly aware of the awesomeness that is This Is Spinal Tap, then you have a glimpse into what my evening (and early morning) was like yesterday (and this morning).  


I went to see an 80's cover band with my friend Chris called Whips n Kisses.  And when I say cover band, I don't want to give the silly impression that they were just up there singing 80's songs.  Nope - not even close.  I mean they did that, but they were in full 80's garb, complete with wigs and everything!  I think the lead singer was trying to impersonate Meatloaf (either that or he had too much meatloaf for dinner), and their sound was awesome.  My favorites included Jessie's Girl and Sweet Child of Mine.  Oh, I have such a soft spot for Axel Rose (and one of the guitarists did an amazing impersonation of Slash, so there was that too).  The picture below is for all the naysayers who think dancing on the bar is the sole property of Coyote Ugly...


sha-na-na-na-na-na-na-na knees! knees!
Oh, and for you cycling fans out there, the 2011 Tour de France began yesterday with an exciting stage!  Alberto Contador lost a chunk of time to my boy Andy Schleck, and will likely lose a bit more today in the team time trial.  I must say, it is a bit weird to see a stage two start without Fabian Cancellara in yellow, but perhaps it will happen with the time trial.  Come on, Team Leopard-Trek!  

No comments:

Post a Comment