04 July 2011

if i had a son, i would be tempted to name him rudy

For those who are familiar with Rudy's Country Store, you will understand my mild obsession.  And for those who are unfamiliar, get your ass to Texas as soon as humanly possible and figure out what all the fuss is about!  

I don't know when I first went to Rudy's, but I am fairly certain I have Christina to thank for introducing Rudy and I.  Ever since, each time I think about coming back to Lubbock, my mouth starts to water for their loaded baked potato with moist brisket on top.  Seriously - so freakin' good!  Plus, when you are at Rudy's, you can get gas, pick up some BBQ sause (misspelling intentional) for the road, and enjoy an ice cold Shiner Bock (another Texas treat) while you are downing the intense Texas-sized food portions.  I have told Christina her house is in a prime location, which is not due to anything other than the fact that it is literally right around the corner from this place.  How she doesn't go there at least four times a week is beyond me. 

If you do happen to head to Rudy's, I have a word to the wise for you: don't come here expecting to stick to any sort of caloric limit, but know it is definitely worth the guilt that may come.  Below is a before and after photo of my meal today - as you can see, I didn't come to Lubbock to drop weight!  

yup - there is an actual potato (the size of a football) under that beef

this should tide me over for a solid week...
As a finishing touch for the day, I gassed up Sampson, bought some toiletries I needed, and got a book on CD for the ride to Cheyenne.  The book I settled on is called Room by Emma Donoghue, which I have always picked up but never bought.  Let's hope it is as interesting as the back cover makes it out to be.  Plus, the website for the book looks bomb, too.  

All in all, it has been a good five days in the Big Side of Texas - I will miss Christina, Brock, and Avery (along with the gaggle of dogs), but know I have lots of fun ahead of me - onward ho! (Is that what they used to say, or did I just make that shit up?)

No comments:

Post a Comment