16 June 2011

this is where i want to do my work

I have been thinking a lot about how I am going to outfit my new pad.  Although I am still very much committed to heading to Ikea and potentially buying out the entire store, there are some other touches that I would like to bring into the place.  Like this gorgeous desk below.  

I found this little number on an estate sales website called Everything But The House.  It seems as though this site allows one to bid for estate sales items as well as go to a site and purchase pieces in the Cincinnati area, and although I will not be there for awhile, seeing this desk made me optimistic for the future.  The desk has two wings that fold out, a raised area on the top, and a beautiful color.  Just epic.  Looking at it, I had an overwhelming feeling that I could do some marvelous work on a desk like that.  It just looks like it has stories to share and enough life to help me create my own.  Below are some additional images that were shared.  Let's hope the desk I finally land is as close to this one as possible.  
angled look.

drawer details.

with wings out.

wonderful detailed shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment