04 January 2012

my latest adventure in horticulture

Full disclosure: I suck at keeping plants alive.  


Even those plants that people say you don't need to water or do anything to - yup; I kill those too.  


I share all this as a lead in to my great surprise that I have kept not one, but two plants alive for an entire semester!  I know, right - I am moving up in the world!  So much so that a friend of mine convinced me to take on the additional responsibility of raising some spider sproutlings.  The little buggers have been in water for about a two weeks and say hi to me each morning.  Seriously, they do - just look at the picture for proof!


i hope this is not a recipe for disaster...
We shall see if I can keep all FOUR plants alive through the getting-colder-everyday winter...send positive (and warm) vibes for my fauna friends if you can!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I just realized I left my lovely plant in Tucson for winter break and it hasn't been watered almost a month. FAIL. Better luck to my new plants this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You buy disposable batteries? FAIL. RECHARGEABLE, my friend. -Pb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so confused as to how you knew that until I looked at the picture again, Pb. Point well taken - I will make sure to do this for the next go round... :)

    ReplyDelete