09 January 2012

last woods walk before the semester...and then some baking!

Yesterday some friends and I took a last glorious walk with our dogs in the state park by campus.  It was an absolutely beautiful day, so of course we took our cameras.  


After we walked, my friend Maria and I went back to my place for some baking fun.  I found a recipe on Pinterest for pinapple upsidedown cupcakes and decided to make them.  The Student Affairs in Higher Education (SAHE) program, which is the program I am in, is having a cake party this week, so I figured I would get these done while I still had time.  They turned out AMAZING (both looking and tasting - we indulged in some extras...), so kudos to the people who pinned this!  


In other fun news, I start my career as a TA tonight and will be teaching Masters students for the first time ever!  If you believe in good omens, I got mine last night when I found out that one of my papers I submitted for the Gendered Borders and Queer Frontiers conference hosted at UW - Madison this March was accepted!  It is titled Police State: The Realities and Implications of Political, Racial, and Gendered Borders.  Now all I have to do is finish it up!  


But anyway - on to the pictures!
there were some fallen trees that looked cool with the bands of shade
i (obviously) played with this photo a bit, but i dig the b&w...
tree down!

we don't really want to know what is in that pipe methinks...
thought this was a fun shot too
eat your heart out
the pinapple go marching two by two, hurrah...hurrah...
mouth watering yet?
because they should be
ours were too until we finished the two remaining cupcakes - so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment