05 January 2012

getting lost and finding our way

I have always had romantic visions of heading out for a drive in the Midwest, getting lost, and finding my way back to where I started.  Just me, my car, the pup, and the meandering road in front of me...

However, take into account the fact that I am a Nervous Nelly and my imagination sometimes runs away with me, and I have never really gotten lost...probably all those Children of the Corn movies...yikes!  However, this evening I went out and got lost with a dear friend.  The best part: we had our cameras in tow!  For those who have never been to the Midwest, there is something so awe-inspiring about wide open spaces.  These images don't do the scenery justice, but this is the beauty that is not 20 minutes outside of Oxford...just breathtaking.  We also happened upon some run down and dilapidated barns and farm equipment, which always make for great photo ops!  I hope you enjoy the photojournalism below, which I will let speak for itself from here on out.



this is one of my favorites - just put the camera on the ground and shot







i'm not a religious person, but this book sitting in the dilapidated barn seemed to be waiting for someone


this seemed like such a great shot when juxtaposed with the barn it was in


this bugger hung out and had a chat with us when we pulled over and took some pics...my friend named this cow moo...

1 comment:

  1. A cow named moo!?!?! Must be a really innovative thinker....
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete